Amy Kurson helps businesses interact with municipal governments. She has extensive experience in real estate development, municipal law, and environmental compliance. For more than 20 years, Amy has assisted clients in developing practical solutions for complex problems. She is particularly adept at balancing her clients’ business, legal, and long-term relationship interests. She is a current member of the Illinois Human Rights Commission and an immediate past member of the Illinois Liquor Control Commission.
Amy has assisted a wide range of development clients including public-private partnerships, hospitals, charter schools, pawn shops, fast-food chains, industrial facilities, mixed use and transit-oriented residential developments. She negotiates real estate development agreements and association documents, as well as municipal development, sales tax, and economic incentive agreements.
Amy received her Juris Doctor from the Chicago Kent College of Law. She is managing partner of Reyes Kurson, Ltd.
- Northbrook Caucus for 2019 Municipal Election, Chair
- Illinois Human Rights Commission, Former Commissioner
- Illinois Liquor Control Commission, Former Commissioner
- Northbrook Bank and Trust, Director
- Village of Northbrook Downtown Development Special Commission, Commissioner
- Village of Northbrook Industrial and Commercial Development Commission, Former Commissioner
- Village of Northbrook Police and Fire Commission, Former Commissioner
- Women in Planning and Development, Member
- Illinois State Bar Association